Re: Deleting a file/directory on startup

On Fri January 11 2008, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> Have a look at the logic used in the fail2ban init file - the start
> operation checks for a running fail2ban process. If non is found, it
> is safe to delete the lock file.

The logic in fail2ban is vulnerable to race conditions, which does not help
for pm-utils, where it can easily happen that it is run several times very
fast after each other.

Btw. the initial problem is to only delete a file at startup. I even found a
bug report specifically about this: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/250927

Regards,
Till