Re: use defoma in fedora?

Le vendredi 11 janvier 2008 à 16:03 +0100, Patrice Dumas a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 03:11:57PM +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > On 2008-01-10, 20:04 GMT, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > > Hum I wouldn't have expected the X server to have anything to
> > > do with defoma. At least it is certainly unuseful in fedora.
> > > I would see it useful for postrscript and type1 fonts.
> >
> > What's wrong with fontconfig?
>
> Nothing. But it seems to me that the applications I cited, grace, xglyph
> and xdvi don't use fontconfig.

Old stuff will be kept forever of course but you should be aware that
all the entities that used to release Type1 fonts have migrated to OTF
as their preferred non-TTF format lately. So Type1 fonts are going to be
increasingly sparse in the future, and upgrading the font backend if
those apps is a good idea.

--
Nicolas Mailhot