Re: Wanted: FireWire testers

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 23:43 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:

> >> Its built.
> >>
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel/2.6.23.13/106.fc8/
>
> I tried the koji kernel linked above and this boot panic problem I was having
> seems to be fixed with that new kernel.  If anyone has had issues with firewire
> drives when booting kernels in F8 take a look at:

I tried that kernel, it booted fine, but when it starting the x server,
going into gnome or whatever, it shows a weird jibberish display and
locks up hard, nothing works. You can boot to run level 3 and startx
locks it up.  Hope this update isn't coming through testing/updates for
F8.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY