Re: Wanted: FireWire testers

Mike Chambers wrote:

>> I tried the koji kernel linked above and this boot panic problem I was having
>> seems to be fixed with that new kernel.  If anyone has had issues with firewire
>> drives when booting kernels in F8 take a look at:
>
> I tried that kernel, it booted fine, but when it starting the x server,
> going into gnome or whatever, it shows a weird jibberish display and
> locks up hard, nothing works. You can boot to run level 3 and startx
> locks it up.  Hope this update isn't coming through testing/updates for
> F8.

Hrm... Nothing I added to that kernel should have any impact whatsoever on
X... I believe 104.fc8 or 105.fc8 did go into updates-testing though. Would
certainly be curious to hear if those *don't* cause the problem that 106.fc8
does, but I'd be quite surprised if the firewire update was the case.

FWIW, 106.fc8 runs without a problem on all of my boxes I've installed it on
thus far.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com