Re: Preloading [WAS: Re: SuSE Project SUPER]

Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> I think Fedora did use some sort of preloading (well, atleast
> Readahead), but it was decided that there was no tangible benefit from
> it in the way it was being done.

Well, I looked into the readahead util for boot time, and it seemed to
hurt more than help.  But ongoing preload that learns & adjusts to usage
patterns could help I'm sure, if done right

-Eric (while waiting for the one long boot of OS X 10.5 after a system
update, as it updates its caches for the *next* fast boot...)