X broken in rawhide?

I updated a couple of machines that were "week old" rawhide to latest rawhide. On both machines, X wouldn't start. The log file said it couldn't find a display 0, apparently because the driver is not the correct version.

One machine is a desktop with nv driver, the other is a laptop with intel driver.

The workaround for me was to restore an earlier version of X.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting X problems. Is there something I've missed?

darrell