Re: Deleting a file/directory on startup

Till Maas wrote:
On Mon January 14 2008, nodata wrote:

The directory that stores these files should be wiped at boot or on
shutdown..

Yes, this is where I search the best way to do this, except that I want that a directory is deleted. rc.sysinit does this only for some directories in /var/{run,lock}, e.g. for vmware.

Regards,
Till
The most correct way is to put some content in the lockfile to allow it to be determined if it is valid. Then pm-utils itself can figure it out when its run.

--CJD