texlive + pdftex +kile: very slow

Hi,

I have upgraded my tex to texlive from rawhide. Whenever I run pdftex on a
document (unfortunately this is necessary for the beamer package) it takes
1-2 minutes on even a very small text kile consumes during this time ~100%
cpu.

I did not have the same problem with tetex.

Is someone else observing the same? Is it a pdftex bug? Or kile bug?

Stefan