Re: Fedora bug triage - workflow proposal

On 2008-01-15, 11:25 GMT, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> 3)  Assuming bug survives through the triage team, it changes
>> state to ASSIGNED
>
> To whom?
>
> IMO, the real problem is getting a competent volunteer involved who is
> likely sufficiently knowledgeable about a particular issue. i.e. to
> communicate such issues, such that a volunteer can take action when _he_
> wants.

My bugmastering experience is that it is absolutely essential for
bug triager to be in continuous contact (IRC, Jabber, etc.) with
developers of the set of components she triages. From which it
follows, that people should be triaging only limited number of
components, where they also are able to provide workarounds, see
problems in configuration, know what kind of developers need and
can get (infamouse "please, attach /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
/var/log/Xorg.*.log as uncompressed separate attachments to this
bug." -- my wife tells me that I am talking this phrase while
sleeping ;-)) and so forth.

Matěj