Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Hi,
I believe that SELinux is a great linux server security hardening tool
but that has little use in desktop linux usage and it confuses
ordinary desktop users.
If it hasn't been discussed before I would like to propose that on
desktop cd spin SELinux is not installed by default, of course after
discussion and approval from you (fedora devels).

Cheers,
Valent

Also keep in mind that if SELinux break something on the desktop, THAT is a bug. Starting before F8 I personally began to use SELinux enabled all the time. At first a few things were broken, but I figured out how to report smart Bugzilla reports against selinux-policy and dwalsh takes care of them real quick.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com