Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Hi,
I believe that SELinux is a great linux server security hardening tool
but that has little use in desktop linux usage and it confuses
ordinary desktop users.
If it hasn't been discussed before I would like to propose that on
desktop cd spin SELinux is not installed by default, of course after
discussion and approval from you (fedora devels).

But don't you see- this isn't a real issue-

BECAUSE LINUX IS ABOUT CHOICE ;)

How hard is this? ->

yum -y install livecd-tools

sed -i -e 's/selinux\ --enforcing/selinux\ --disabled/' \
/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-base-desktop.ks

livecd-creator \
--config=/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-desktop.ks

Cheers,

-dmc

P.S. - yes, it's a bit trickier to extract the 100MB or so of selinux support packages so that you can actually fit more of the software you are interested in on the constrained 700MB livecd, but I'll leave that as an excercise for the reader.