Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Jan 16, 2008 1:57 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
I believe that SELinux is a great linux server security hardening tool
but that has little use in desktop linux usage and it confuses
ordinary desktop users.
If it hasn't been discussed before I would like to propose that on
desktop cd spin SELinux is not installed by default, of course after
discussion and approval from you (fedora devels).

About how many people would you all estimate even use Fedora as desktop?

http://smolts.org/static/stats/stats.html

Take a good look at stats on form factor, runlevel, arch, and cpu. Those give a pretty good estimation of usage, and the typical desktop machine appears to be by far the most common.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>