Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

James Morris wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:

I really love SELinux and it is a great tool, and it helps a lot of
admins who use it, but because it is still too rough for the general
public it should not be forced onto them.

What is your target audience with SELinux?

The target audience is everyone.

What we are trying to do is make a fundamental change to computer security by taking decades of research and making it useful in the general case. We are shipping MAC as a standard, enabled-by-default feature of a general purpose OS. Welcome to the future, and thanks for being part of it.

You *have* seen Tron, right?

SELinux would just be so much more aesthetically pleasing if it was just named MCP.

Just as the idea is decades old, the idea that it might also end up as a convoluted tormentor of 'the users' that gets in the way of actual productive achievement is also decades old.

Do you believe in 'the users'?

Of course that movie did look like it was made by a bunch of drug using frisbee throwers...

-dmc