Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Douglas McClendon wrote:
Andrew Farris wrote:
Douglas McClendon wrote:
<rant>

I wish I could say that I'm sorry to crush your hopes, but I'm really not. Despite what I've said in the past, I have the utmost respect for selinux and security. But what I don't have any respect for is people of your mind, who myopically just see "increased security". People who view security that way IMO contribute to some of the worst cancers against humanity.

This is just standard rhetoric that I shouldn't be wasting my time repeating here, but security is ALWAYS a balance and a tradeoff against other *values*, and never an absolute.

Sounds like politically charged nonsense, not rhetoric related to computer security.

Guess you're no fan Bruce -

http://www.news.com/2010-7348-5204924.html

"
But that's only half of the equation; it's just as important to discuss the costs. Security is always a trade-off, and herein lies the real question: "Is this security countermeasure worth it?"

I was never debating this concept of cost-benefit tradeoff.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>