Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Jan 16, 2008 12:35 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
What is your target audience with SELinux?

Everyone who runs a computer that takes input from an external source,
whether that be floppies, or a network connection, or a bluetooth
keyboard.  Security matters... it doesn't matter if you are a desktop
user or not... security matters.  If we are doing a good enough job at
policy writing and management then we fix the policies.

Will fedora include virus scanners? If not why?

You really need to go back and read every single blog post from Dan
Walsh concerning the new xguest policy he is working on.  He's got
very clear and very real desktop usage cases in mind for it.  Turning
selinux off wholesale on a desktop spin just because its not optimal
yet, is short-sighted.

When it becomes usable for general use, by all means, enable it by default. There is no real threat to linux desktop users from any source and there has been zero viruses or explioits that had any significant impact on any linux desktop. I don't see that changing in next 5 years so why force desktop users now to have this rough edged products bother them all the time?

Valent