Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Jan 17, 2008 1:45 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
So have those proposing the remove of SELinux come to the conclusion
that the average Fedora user is too stupid to click (2,3 clicks?)
SELinux to disabled and be done with it? Maybe even on firstboot?

Do you actually believe that average (less than year of linux
experience) fedora user knows about and understands SELinux?

I would like to believe that they can maneuver a mouse to choose
disable from a drop down menu. We are not talking logging in as root
and running command here.

In order to do that people first need to to know what SELinux actually does. I don't believe that users who aren't a bit experienced with linux have a clue what SELinux is and what it does, except pops up some strange "AVC Denial" messages.

Valent.