Re: Python Eggs & distutils in Rawhide

Zoltan Kota wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

Just a small heads up for those of you packaging python modules.
python-2.5.1-18, just built for rawhide, has reverted a small patch we
were carrying that disabled generation of egg-info for modules created
by distutils.  That means that python modules built against rawhide will
now create an extra file of metadata in the python_sitelib and
python_sitearch directories.  You'll need to include those in your
%files section if it's not already pulled in via a wildcard.

How is it decided where the egg-info will be installed: in the python_sitelib or python_sitearch? If my package installs files in python_sitearch, can I expect to have the egg-info there as well?
You've got it right. If the module installs to %{python_sitearch}, the .egg-info file should also appear in %{python_sitearch}.

-Toshio