Re: SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

On Jan 18, 2008 3:27 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:19:43 +0100,
>   Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Will fedora include virus scanners? If not why?
>
> Because virus scanners are resource sucking hogs that don't work very well.
> If you want to go down that road you need to sign code and have a white list.

I wonder what Valent is on. Fedora has ClamAV in the repositories;
users who run a mail server that serves Windows users are free to
install it. (Also, users who run Codeweavers' Crossover Office to run
Windows binaries)

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/