Re: An interesting read when discussing what to do about our bugs...

On Saturday 19 January 2008 15:05:36 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> We're 4 maintainers for all of KDE in Fedora (and that's already 4 times as
> many as not too long ago). We get dozens of bug reports, many of which
> aren't specific to Fedora in any way. There's no way we can fix them all by
> ourselves, the only way to actually get things fixed is to report them to
> the actual upstream maintainers of the concrete application you're having
> issues with. And I don't think KDE is the only set of packages in this
> situation.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Yeah, but that is the reason why bugs are referred upstream.  The problem is
when a package maintainer tries to say that the problem is upstream in
situations where the bug is caused by the way the package was compiled, or
some conflicting configuration with another package, etc.

-- Benjamin Kreuter