Re: rawhide report: 20080118 changes

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 18:49 +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Build System wrote:

New package preload
	Preload is an adaptive readahead daemon
Heey, we talk around this things incarnation over at Novell and it turns out we have a thing boiling in BZ since october.

The sheer size of the Fedora community makes it possible to miss such things, and that's good news! Now, some preload-testing.

Linus

It was created by Behdad and surprisingly has been highly recommended in
Ubuntu/Debian for awhile.  Surprisingly that it didn't get into Fedora
till now.

There was a prior work called simply 'readahead' which was in Fedora and removed due to making almost no real difference. Hopefully the newer incarnation is effective.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>