An interesting read when discussing what to do about our bugs...

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jan 20 15:28:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:36:52 -0900
"Jeff Spaleta" <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a package maintainer, what would you like me to do in situations
> where I need the reporter to talk to upstream?

You file the bug upstream for them, and add them to the cc list if
possible, or you file it upstream, and respond in our bugzilla with a
link to the upstream bug and ask them to attach themselves to that
upstream bug.

I get the sense that we need to come up with a 'How to appropriately
respond to bugzilla entries' guideline for new maintainers...

--
Jesse Keating