Re: Headsup: new (soname changing) glew headed for devel

Adam Jackson wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:58 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi All,

I've prepared a new glew release (1.5.0) to push to rawhide, nothing special really just a bugfix release, but still upstream decided to bump the version from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0 and even though there is no ABI breakage, thus change the soname from libGLEW.so.1.4 to libGLEW.so.1.5 causing explicit ABI breakage :(

Ick.  Perhaps consider beating upstream into using DT_SONAME of
libGLEW.so.1 ?

In my experience upstream doesn't answer mail, not ever, don't ask why, thats just how things are. Note that I'm all for this change, and I'm also in contact with the debian glew maintainer, so I could even coordinate it with Debian, but I don't feel like even trying to ask upstream.

Regards,

Hans