Re: Opinion: Preferred Applications & Removable Drives and Media

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 01:49 +0100, Mark wrote:
> > But thanx for the help. now i know what i have to do.
>
> Hmm.. just a minor issue.
> I've just updated totem and now i can choose that a few times in the
> media list as well (including dvd video) but i don't see a option
> there to run a command. Isn't it handy to have that option there if
> none of the other options suit you?
>
> Or what else do i have to do to get another application to show up in that list?
> and is this conforming a standard from freedesktop? if so: which one?
>
> That's the only thing i miss

Entries in which you manually enter commandlines are what we are hoping
to leave behind in gnome-volume-manager...

If none of the entries suit you, you can create a small desktop file
having the command you want to run in the Exec field, and the suitable
content type in the MimeType field.