Re: long term support release

David Mansfield wrote:

For example, gnumeric and git, both 'everyday' tools, are missing from
CentOS 5, AFAIK, but I'm talking about tons of other goodies.  The RHEL
package selection process is too restrictive it would seem.

There are 3rd party rpm repositories that have pretty much everything you could find for fedora.

And I'm not really complaining about that.  I think RHEL hits the target
exactly and I don't want it to change, but it's not a real recreational
desktop system, never was, never(?) will be.

What does that mean? Vlc, etc.? Fedora doesn't have that either unless you go to 3rd party repos.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com