Re: long term support release

David Mansfield wrote:
You're not suggesting I use the 'Other Well Known Distro' are you?
Seriously, though, on my latest laptop I tried CentOS 5, and it was
awful on a laptop.  Synaptic problems, networkmanager problems, crappy
wireless support (out of date) etc.  I killed it in about a week.  I
also tried the Other distro and as a Fedora (and Red Hat Linux before
that) guy, it just doesn't do it for me.  Old dog, new tricks.  It
lasted about a month. That said, updating every 6 months doesn't do it
for me either.  What's a Fedora lover to do?

You could skip every other Fedora release and get a full year between your upgrades, still getting the lastest security patches the whole time. F7 doesn't go to EOL until F9 releases.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>