Re: preload

Linus Walleij wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

Those people running preload can we get some benchmarks to see whether
there is a benefit and if so how much of a benefit there is.

How? I only you know, just run it. I notice launch speedups for my commonly used apps, but I have no idea how to benchmark that in hard figures.

Linus

I would imagine just installing bootchart and getting the result with and without preload for whatever typical services setup you use on that machine?

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>