Re: Replacing the boot kernel in the installer

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 13:06 +0000, Bill Crawford wrote:
> On 23/01/2008, Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak redhat com> wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, installer will complain that he stage2.img doesn't
> > match the currently booted version.
>
> Ah. mm. ok. any way around this? What does it check for? .buildstamp?

I do not know why was it so, but I assumed there was a good reason for
it.

If you don't want to use fedora unity respins, I'd suggest booting off
rawhide live, if you have it handy, and install by hand. There's little
work you have to do then, apart from yum --installroot installgroup;
probably just adjusting /etc/fstab, and setting up shadow passwords,
probably using authconfig.