Re: long term support release

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:13:39 -0500
David Mansfield <fedora dm cobite com> wrote:

> I think Fedora LTS would be:
> - planned and built into the Fedora cycle and finally implemented
> - only releases planned in advance to be LTS releases would be LTS
> - there would only be one (or two) outstanding LTS releases at a time

And you create the same problem.  They won't be frequent enough to
support today's hardware, and also if you constantly just do new
versions of everything you lose the ability to support it long term as
too much churn breaks things.

To be fair, RHEL/CentOS does do limited hardware enablement in the
update releases, like 5.0, 5.1, etc...

--
Jesse Keating