Re: long term support release

Jos Vos wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 02:48:16PM +0300, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

Well, I actually use Fedora in a strong production environment (power control office). The current policy (the EOL of F<n> is one month after the F<n+2>) provides me one year LTS (assuming the release is per half-year). Thus I just skip one release, i.e. FC1-->FC3-->FC5-->F7 .

One-year LTS is an acceptable compromise for me. But ideally, from the "production" point of view, I would prefer 9-month cycle (and hence 1.5year LTS) ...

Wondering what the difference with using RHEL/CentOS + EPEL is then...

For example, I use tickless kernel now (which seems to be fine on old slow machines), whereas RHEL still use and will use the old kernel. Ans so on...

~buc