Re: long term support release

David Mansfield <fedora dm cobite com> wrote:

[...]

> I think that having one LTS release could be made to work.  Here is an
> additional proposal
>
> Proposal:
>
> After the LTS release, wait 1 year (instead of 6 months) for the next
> Fedora release.  This would allow for:

Strongly against. If I get a new machine in between, half of it won't work
unless I am careful not to get "new hardware". Plus the accumulated new
packages and patches will make LTS + 1 (year) a veritable mess, so you'd be
advised to wait for LTS + 2... all while the whining about outdated
software in Fedora won't stop.