Re: preload

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
Those people running preload can we get some benchmarks to see whether
there is a benefit and if so how much of a benefit there is.

I ask this because I got a post on the from Rahul asking whether there
was any significant benefit running preload. I personally don't have any
numbers so I'm going to try and start to benchmark the information.
Well I tryed it and benchmarked it using bootchart and its even _worse_ then readahead that we decided to disable.

No preload: 57 sec
With preload: 1m 25sec

ie.  ~50% slowdown