Jochen Schmitt wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:26:18 -0500, you wrote:

/topic FESCo-Meeting -- New Features -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Dashboard - poelcat
     * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Upstart

I think you schould change the topic to "Which initscript
replacement should we used for upcomming versions of Fedora"

- From my point of view approving of this feature sound like make a
dicission for use upstart as the new initscript replacement in
Fedora.

It's not a feature unless a decision has been made and initscripts are replaced with something specific.

But when I read the article "Call To Choose An Initscript
Replacement" on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue115
upstart will no be the canidate tor this task.

There is one thing lacking from that writeup and one additional point of information: 1) Looking into InitKit, people found that it is a specification for event-driven init systems and that upstart would be the main driver's implementation ground for that specification. So using upstart isn't as out-there as the writeup leaves it.

2) Casey Dahlin held a FUDCon session to discuss how to replace our current initsystem and is the driver of the feature. Perhaps Casey needs to tell us what was discussed at FUDCon so we are on the same page WRT where the discussion has gone.

Casey?

-Toshio