Re: long term support release

Jos Vos <jos xos nl> writes:

> Yes, but this sounds a bit like wanting to have a bleeding-edge distro,
> with a huge amount of packages, and with long time support.

Absolutely. A couple of years ago I thought that Linux would mature
quickly so that I would no longer need bleeding-edge stuff. Alas, new
business requirements seem to be popping up all the time, whenever
Linux makes something possible.

> Good luck finding a company wanting to build/maintain such a distro ;-).

Heh, yes the price tag would probably be a bit excessive and that by
itself would limit the market.

/Benny