Re: selinux breaks revisor

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:49:42 -0600
Douglas McClendon <dmc fedora filteredperception org> wrote:

> A while back on this list, I asked what parts of fedora required root
> privileges to be rebuilt.  I.e. why you couldn't just rpmbuild
> --rebuild every last thing as a build user, never subjecting the
> build system to the impact of building as root.  The answer seemed to
> come back that the only things that _really_ required root, were the
> creation of small filesystem-disk images.  My tool qfakeroot provides
> a solution for that, and given the sizes of the images involved, will
> add but a few minutes to the rpmbuild--rebuild time.

Maybe I missed that, but every /rpm/ is buildable by non-root.  It's
when you start talking about /composing/ releases and Live images that
root privs are needed (or enoug privs to make loopback devices).

Now, we could do something more sneaky and ship the livcd-creator and
pungi python scripts setuid, but that's probably not what you're
looking for.

--
Jesse Keating