Re: long term support release

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:38:41 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:

> I see it, too. Initially people chose Fedora as replacement for RHL.
> Fedora didn't fill this gap and still hasn't managed to fill this gap.

RHL was a failure on Red Hat's part.  They flat out could not afford to
continue it as it was.  Any sort of Fedora effort that looks like LTS
or looks like RHL is not going to get much RH resources after the 13
months we get now (and that even took some convincing).  With lots of
key resources pulling out after that time period, many of us struggle
with the thought of seeing something continue on without those
resources under the name of Fedora.

Ubuntu LTS seems to exist because they have no RHEL/CentOS equiv.  I
feel that our efforts are far better spent making the RHEL/CentOS/EPEL
experience better, so that there isn't a thought that we need a long
term Fedora, because we'd already have it with the RHEL/CentOS/EPEL set.

--
Jesse Keating