Re: long term support release

* Ralf Corsepius [25/01/2008 10:31] :

> Do you have the TBytes to host it, do you have dozens of mirrors, do you
> have the bandwidth, do you have the man-power to administrate the
> buildsystem?

Were I interested in Fedora LTS, I'll start looking for server space and
bandwidth (man-power isn't exactly a technical ressource). And, yes,
I'm certain I could find enough to get started.

> Have a look at rpmfusion - Despite they are working on it for months,
> AFAICT, trying to copy/reuse the fedoraproject.org infrastructure it's
> still not up.

Is copying the Fedora infrastructure really the showstopper ?
Last I heard, it was hardware problems and lack of man-power.

> > the others. I don't remember Red Hat or Fedora promising they would address
> > each and every one of them (and, in fact, I distinctly remember the opposite)
> > and I suspect that neither do the people asking/demanding that LTS be
> > implemented.

> ?!? They would not ask if they wouldn't want it.

Sorry, bad phrasing on my part. What I meant was :

The people asking/demanding that LTS be implemented do not remember Red Hat
or Fedora promising they would address all demands made of Fedora.

> Actually, I assume most people being in real need for a RHL replacement
> have quit Fedora long time ago.

Well, I'm still here and Fedora fills my needs better than RHL ever did.

Emmanuel "4.2 was nice, though" Seyman