Opinion: Preferred Applications & Removable Drives and Media

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:25:58 UTC 2008

2008/1/25, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> Mark wrote:
> > I wonder how long it will take for all currently existing media payer
> > apps that work on linux to get the .desktop file updated... i guess a
> > year (after the F9 release) with the majority done within a month
> > after the F9 release.
>
> Which repository do you have in mind? Many of them follow Fedora
> packaging guidelines. We probably need to update the guidelines and then
> anyone can file bugs against packages in the Fedora repositories
> including third party ones.
>
> Rahul

Livna at the moment.
and in livna the mplayer package (what else ^_^).
I've just send a mail to the package maintainers and a few of the
mplayer development team to include this mime change in there .desktop
file. it is something that has to be "fixed" upstream anyway.

But let me get this right and take mplayer as a example. Fedora isn't
allowed to add mplayer to there repo because of patent stuff in the
usa but i am allowed to fill a bug against mplayer on
bugzilla.redhat.com? that's strange! very good but strange.