Disable Pulseaudio

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Sat Jan 26 15:34:47 UTC 2008

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 26 January 2008, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Michel Salim wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have anything in ~/.asoundrc ?
>> That was it. I think I created that file some time ago to get skype working
>> but then forgot about it. Now alsa works as it should, thanks!
>
> Hmm, I lost interest in trying to get Skype working with PA in F8 shortly
> after F8 release and found that getting rid of PA as much as possible was a
> quick "fix" for it; if you have good recipes for ~/.asoundrc that result in a
> working Skype+PA setup, those would be appreciated.  I'm pretty sure I've
> already tried stuff at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype to
> no avail.

This is what I put in my .asoundrc to get things working at the time:

pcm.!default {
type pulse
}
ctl.!default {
type pulse
}
pcm.pulse {
type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
type pulse
}

This was a while ago though and I'm not sure what settings you have to
choose in Skype but I can confirm that in the end I was able to use my
headset properly. Maybe that helps.

Regards,
   Dennis