Re: Disable Pulseaudio

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Saturday 26 January 2008, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Michel Salim wrote:

Do you have anything in ~/.asoundrc ?
That was it. I think I created that file some time ago to get skype working
but then forgot about it. Now alsa works as it should, thanks!

Hmm, I lost interest in trying to get Skype working with PA in F8 shortly after F8 release and found that getting rid of PA as much as possible was a quick "fix" for it; if you have good recipes for ~/.asoundrc that result in a working Skype+PA setup, those would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure I've already tried stuff at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype to no avail.

This is what I put in my .asoundrc to get things working at the time:

pcm.!default {
type pulse
}
ctl.!default {
type pulse
}
pcm.pulse {
type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
type pulse
}

This was a while ago though and I'm not sure what settings you have to choose in Skype but I can confirm that in the end I was able to use my headset properly. Maybe that helps.

Regards,
  Dennis