Fedora Education Spin

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:02:34 UTC 2008

sebastian at when.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built a Fedora live cd with educational apps. The kickstart file
> is here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education
>
> Some feedback would be great, so maybe you could tell me, if you have
> any suggestions or recommendations.
>
> And would it be possible, to make an official spin of it?

Are you aware of the k12ltsp distribution
(http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page) that has been built
as a fedora respin with additional content up through FC6?  I believe
the plan going forward is to merge the packages into the fedora repo
instead of rebuilding as a separately maintained distro.  There is
probably quite a lot of overlapping content (there are more additions
than ltsp) and k12ltsp has a fairly large installed base so it might be
worthwhile to combine efforts.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com