Re: Fedora Education Spin

sebastian when com wrote:
Hi,

I have built a Fedora live cd with educational apps. The kickstart file is here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education

Some feedback would be great, so maybe you could tell me, if you have any suggestions or recommendations.

And would it be possible, to make an official spin of it?

Are you aware of the k12ltsp distribution (http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page) that has been built as a fedora respin with additional content up through FC6? I believe the plan going forward is to merge the packages into the fedora repo instead of rebuilding as a separately maintained distro. There is probably quite a lot of overlapping content (there are more additions than ltsp) and k12ltsp has a fairly large installed base so it might be worthwhile to combine efforts.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com