Re: Fedora Education Spin

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
I think for "Education"  you are missing "kdeedu".
I had it in my first spins, but it blew everything up... with its dependencies, it brought several hundred megabytes of data to the cd.
The kdeedu of KDE4 (in rawhide) has a wonderful collection of
applications for education.
I totally agree with you, there is really great software in kdeedu; I have also thought of including marble and kalgebra, which are already in Fedora 8...
Gcompris also is to my eyes a wonderful application and is attractive
to many educational institutions in Europe.
Gcompris is also great - and big. It has not so many dependencies, but it has its audio files for quite a lot of languages. It would be the smaller problem...

You see, what my problem is: I think even a switch from Gnome to Xfce would not give me enough free space, to include all the software I would like to include. I had created a Xfce based test cd, but after having included GCompris, there was no further space available. I think, a possible solution would be, to kick out some other tools (like firefox and totem, but I think this would not be enough...) - or, to create a dvd...

Thanks for your suggestions ;) - I will create some further builds and have a look at this...
Sebastian