Re: Build failure due to make -j8

Gérard Milmeister wrote:
I was trying to build a new release of genius, but the build failed due
to unsatisifed make dependencies on machines that use make -j8 or make
-j4 instead of the usual make -j2 and indeed when I tried  make -j8 on
my (uni-processor) machine, it failed too. The package is automake
based. Has this behavior been observed with other packages? Could it be
a problem with make or automake, or would it be specific to the package
only?

While automake may be at fault, it's almost certainly package-specific.

Andrew.