bodhi 0.4.10 features

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Mon Jan 28 14:28:35 UTC 2008

On Monday, 28 January 2008 at 14:58, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Jon Stanley wrote, at 01/28/2008 10:54 PM +9:00:
>> On Jan 28, 2008 8:40 AM, Mamoru Tasaka <mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you want to force the reporter/maintainer to "clone" the bug
>>> for different branch?
>>
>> Yep.  I just came up with a catchy slogan for this: "the rule of ones"
>> (OK, maybe not so catchy :) ).  ONE bug == ONE problem in ONE release
>> (F7, F8, and rawhide).  It's even got a big red box in
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnPoelstra/BugLifeCycle :)
>
> I strongly disagree. It just increases the number of bugs and has almost
> no benefit.

+1. One bug for one issue (even if it exists in more than one release) is
quite sufficient. And helps to keep the buglist short.

OTOH, if you want us (the package maintainers) to follow the rule of ones,
please provide easy tools to do that. For example: one click "clone for
release X" button and the ability to sort the bugs on bugzilla frontpage by
Fedora release.

I'm sure there are more ways to make this easier. Otherwise I strongly object
to this unannounced change in bodhi behaviour.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski