Re: InstantMirror needs a rethink

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:22:53 -0600
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:

> Yes, I've always found it easiest to download new install isos into
> an existing NFS-exported directory and burn only the boot.iso to
> start the install.  PXE would be possible in my location but
> inconvenient in some of our other offices where someone else controls
> the DHCP setup and it would be awkward to set up an alternate lan.

bootdisk.img will likely continue to exist, which is the same as
boot.iso but designed to run on USB sticks.

Who knows, boot.iso may not actually "go away" per se, but will no
longer be the touted method to start your install.  rescue.iso is much
nicer in this regard as it has all the content you would have to
download again anyway (stage2).

--
Jesse Keating