Re: PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages still needed (was: Update of "PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages" by [...])

On Mon January 28 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Just saw one of those again. Made me wonder: do we still need this page?
>  Orphaned packages are tracked in the package db and CVS should have a
> dead.package file explaining why a package was retired. Isn't that enough?

Imho the information should be in the Fedora Package Database, but I do not
know how it can get in there, e.g. there is only one package listed as
retired at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/retired
and there are also packages listed as orpaned, that are actually retired:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/thinkpad-kmod (this is
required according to the wiki).

There is also a ticket about this at hosted:
https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/54

So just deleting the wiki page currently seems not to be a good decision,
better wait till the information can be fed into the package database.

Regards,
Till