some package splits

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 14:20:15 UTC 2008

> Last night I built a new evince, and since evince backends are modular
> now, I've split off the dvi and djvu backends as subpackages, evince-dvi
> and evince-djvu. This allows us to avoid the extra dependencies on the
> live cd that those backends would drag in. I've made the new subpackages
> installed by default in comps, but you may have to manually install them
> if you are updating from an older version of evince.

How about the following to let this get handled by obsoletes ($version
== (e-)v-r where you introduced the split).

[...]
Obsoletes: evince < $version
Conflicts: evince < $version
[...]
%package dvi
Obsoletes: evince < $version
Conflicts: evince < $version
[...]
%package djvu
Obsoletes: evince < $version
Conflicts: evince < $version
[...]

This way, an existing old version of evince will get replaced by the
triplet evince, evince-dvi and evince-djvu but new installations won't
be affected --> no need for mentioning in the release ntoes.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759