Re: Debian style net-install ISOs (from FudCON Raleigh)

Once upon a time, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan redhat com> said:
> Imagine something like the rescue image (heck, this is only a slight
> tweak) with the following modifications:

Really it is just adding the base and updates URLs; that's all that is
different.  Instead of a kickstart, maybe just have anaconda suggest the
standard mirrorlist URLs for HTTP/FTP installs.

> I imagine the bandwidth savings for Fedora could be huge

Doubtful.  That DVD download is usually used more than once, while all
network installs will always download a whole lot of stuff each time.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>