Re: F9 Alpha spinning

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:56:47 -0500
Chuck Anderson <cra WPI EDU> wrote:

Now that evince-dvi and evince-dejavu are split out, can we put
evince back pretty please?  It would be a shame to not have this.

We can look again at Beta timeframe, and use between now and then to
find ways to get evince to fit.  Always the losing game.

<warning totally non educated / no research done guesswork ahead>

I guess that the livecd currently includes perl? perl is quite large, maybe with some effort we can drop it?

I'm willing to create proposal patches for any packages on the livecd requiring perl. Can someone with a livecd image handy do "rpm -e perl" on it and see how large the list of dep errors thrown is?

Regards,

Hans