Re: F9 Alpha spinning

Jeremy Katz wrote:
Hans de Goede (j w r degoede hhs nl) said:
I'm willing to create proposal patches for any packages on the livecd requiring perl. Can someone with a livecd image handy do "rpm -e perl" on it and see how large the list of dep errors thrown is?
error: Failed dependencies:
[snip]
Seems non-trivial.

Also, the live image is supposed to be a comparable experience to a
normal install.  Removing something as integral as perl runs pretty
counter to that goal.

And I'm saying that perl is not necessarily an integral part of a desktop install. Quite a few of these deps are probably from little utility scripts which hardly get used ever. If you're right and it ends up that one needs to remove crucial parts / functionality we will find out soon enough.

Regards,

Hans