Re: F9 Alpha spinning

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mercredi 30 janvier 2008 à 19:53 +0100, Hans de Goede a écrit :

And I'm saying that perl is not necessarily an integral part of a desktop install. Quite a few of these deps are probably from little utility scripts which hardly get used ever. If you're right and it ends up that one needs to remove crucial parts / functionality we will find out soon enough.

If you're willing to do the work reducing the perl dependency tentacles
to a few heavily perl-dependent packages would be appreciated. Not
everyone installs the full liveimage and killing gratuituous perl deps
makes the actual cost/benefits of using perl more obvious.

I agree that having unnecessary perl deps removed is a worthwhile goal in itself, but I can spend my time only once, and since it seems that a perl free livecd os not reachable I can think of better ways of spending my time.

Regards,

Hans