Re: pulseaudio causing crashing of applications

Andrew Farris wrote:
Benjamin Kreuter wrote:
No, but I have had problems with pulseaudio and arts on the same system. I wasn't around to hear the discussion about including pulseaudio in F8...why did we go down that road?

Maybe because pulseaudio is to arts what playstation is to atari? Now I'm a big fan of atari, but its old. Pulseaudio is very cool, just not perfect yet.

Perhaps a better analogy would be 3DO to Atari. Pulseaudio has a really cool design, but arts actually makes noise come out of my speakers. After dozens of F8 installs on 5 different machines, I have completely given up on getting sound to work with KDE. If I want sound, I have F7 and my old Mac. I imagine Ubuntu would work fine as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that the Gnome developers are pushing ahead with all this neat stuff, but I wish they'd just let KDE be KDE if they're not even going to bother testing it. Every Red Hat/Fedora release since Red Hat 9 has had glaring KDE bugs not found in any other distribution.

	-- Chris